Monday, April 24, 2006

Dahab Blast blow to Red Sea Tourism

Three bombs have exploded in the Red Sea town of Dahab. On the Sinai North of Sharm el Sheikh, site of another recent bombing which killed 60. BBC reports at least 22 dead. I'm amazed that this has happened again in Sinai given the response to the Sharm bombing. No doubt heads will roll once again in the Security services.

My thoughts are with the residents of Dahab, and the many Travellers and Divers in the town. My Cousin is in Egypt at the moment, but fortunately I know he is in Luxor as he called Family yesterday. I feel for those whose families are in Dahab. I have dived in the area and I'm sure this won't discourage the diving crowd from going. Hopefully the sun seekers will also continue to support the tourist industry in the region. It is well worth a visit for those who haven't been. Don't let this put you off, it could happen anywhere these days.

1 Comments:

Blogger sagenz said...

display recent comments in your sidebar. that way i can see if anybody besides you and me have looked at your site

1:01 PM, April 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home